Support and professional development is important to us here at Axcis – that’s why we work hard to bring you useful resources and training guides to support your professional practice. Here is a summary of our SEND resources – all completely FREE for you to use.
Autism (ASD) resources
- Autism awareness worksheets (NAS)
- Girls with autism support booklet (nasen guide)
- Top 5 Tips from Network Autism: Behaviour Support
- Top 5 Tips from Network Autism: Transition from education to employment
- Top 5 Tips from Network Autism: Improving educational provision for autistic pupils
- Top 5 Tips from Network Autism: Improving emotional wellbeing in young people with autism
- Free autism webinars available to develop your professional practice
- Top autism articles from our partners at Network Autism
- 3 Ideas for Managing Difficult ASD Behaviours
- 10 Tips for an Autism Friendly Classroom
- Make your classroom more autism friendly by colour coding their way…
Down’s Syndrome resources
General SEND resources
- 7 Great sources of SEND information
- 9 Useful Websites for School Staff – bookmark these now!
- Top 10 Tips for SEND Transitions
- Including SEND students in PE
- What support can my SEND child receive during exams?
- FREE SEND resources: Why you should be using the SEND Gateway
- Preventing heat stress in children with SEND
- 5 first day back activities to encourage friendships in your class
- Worksheet Wednesday: Printable FREE Certificates and Awards
- Signs of bullying and how to deal with it
- 3 free SEND support courses and quizzes
- Top 10 tips for new teaching assistants
- The Role of the SENCO
- Using skills competitions to motivate older teenagers and young adults – a guest post by Clare Howard, Natspec CEO
- Is your school or setting following the SEND Code of Practice? Alex Grady from nasen offers support and advice for schools
- Forget about the price tag? Funding reforms for High Needs – A guest post by Clare Dorer, CEO of NASS
- Help! I’m a new SENCO and don’t know where to start – guest blog by Gareth Morewood
- 5 Tips for helping young people with eating disorders in schools (guest post)
- Special Technology Tools and Apps. for SEND Children and Students (Guest Post)
- Planning for Difficult Christmas Situations: A Blog Post by Andrew Whitehouse
- Mentally Healthy Schools – by Lorraine Petersen OBE
- Worksheet Wednesday: Clock Bingo (numeracy)
- Worksheet Wednesday: Multiplying by two with feet!
- Coin matching worksheet
- Halloween activities for children with autism
- Australia Day Worksheets
- 2017 Axcis Andy Wall Calendar
- St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Mother’s Day Activities
- Easter Activities
- Musical instruments to make with your class (world music day)
- Simple home made Father’s Day gift ideas
Social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) resources
- Top 10 Tips for exam stress support
- Teachers – could YOU spot a mental health problem in your classroom?
Specific learning difficulties resources
Are you looking for SEND work?
If you are seeking work in a specialist or mainstream school and you’re not already registered with Axcis, why not do it today? Registration is free, simple and takes just 5 to 10 mins. Once complete, you will be matched immediately to suitable vacancies in your area. What do you have to lose?