SEND News Roundup
At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Report into children with SEND being ‘stuck’ in mental health hospitals
- Starting Secondary School with BBC Bitesize Communications Toolkit
- Launch of review to understand the impact of policy development on children and young people
- nasen announce new Chair of Trustees
- Primary schools get help to identify pupils with speech and language difficulties in minutes
- National Children’s Bureau announce five Learn – Explore – Debate events in July
- Schools Week confirmed as official media sponsor for nasen Awards 2019
- London to host popular international education conference
- ‘We need to talk’ report into access to speech and language therapy is published
National Autistic Society News
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at The National Autistic Society. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Opportunities to meet autism-friendly employers JP Morgan are available now in Bournemouth (17 June 2019)
- Blog: Accessibility Minister Nusrat Ghani on Blue Badges (17 June 2019)
- Blue Badge update – what happens next (15 June 2019)
- EastEnders – new autism storyline! (11 June 2019)
- Leading British Superbike team to visit our Anderson School (10 June 2019)
- Our Partnership with the Scouts: A Million Hands (4 June 2019)
- Survey of Autism Professionals 2019 (4 June 2019)
- ‘Give it Back’: Time for the Government to give back millions of pounds to disabled children (3 June 2019)
- “There is a poverty of aspiration” in support for young autistic people (31 May 2019)
- Meet Wayne and Amanda, parents to Reece, who goes to our Anderson School (30 May 2019)
- Marion Fellows is the first Member of Parliament to receive our Autism Friendly Award (29 May 2019)
- Thangam Debbonaire, MP for Bristol West, talks about her experiences chairing the APPG on Autism’s recent inquiry session on employment (28 May 2019)
Are you looking for SEND staff or a job?
If you would be interested in a teaching or support position at a school or alternative provision, why not get in touch or register with Axcis today and find out how we can assist you? Alternatively, if you are seeking staff for your school or provision, or would like to refer a friend to us, pop us and email – we’d be happy to help!