At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Changing the Lives of Children and Young People across the UK with Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties
- We’re Hiring – Communication and Training Events Manager
- Guide to quality care for autistic people
- Children with learning disabilities miss out on eye care
- Register as an early adopter: Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education
- nasen’s Response to Ofsted’s Draft Education Inspection Framework
- Call for Emotional Support for Children in Deprived Areas
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at The National Autistic Society. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Christopher Laskaris – so it never happens again (28 June 2018 – Updated – 18 April 2019)
- We’re hosting an open evening at our Lancashire Centre…and you’re invited! (11 April 2019)
- Councillor Susan Aitken marks World Autism Awareness Week by opening our Spectrum Night Walk in Glasgow (10 April 2019)
- Helping autistic people get into digital, IT and cyber careers (10 April 2019)
- One Minute Briefs (5 April 2019)
- “I want a new public awareness campaign, so that we can improve perceptions of autism”, says Health Secretary Matt Hancock MP (5 April 2019)
- Jane Harris: “We can change so many more people’s attitudes to autism” (5 April 2019)
- World Autism Awareness Week Twitter interview with Care Minister, Caroline Dinenage MP (4 April 2019)
- Blog: Making the education system work for children on the autism spectrum (4 April 2019)
- Report published on autism services in Wales (4 April 2019)
- Blog: James Sinclair attends the second session of the Autism Act inquiry (4 April 2019)
- Auto Trader leads drive for businesses to be autism friendly (3 April 2019)
- Improving support for autistic people who are homeless (2 April 2019)
- Minister is first MP to attend our Understanding Autism session (1 April 2019)
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.