At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism, the professional arm of the National Autistic Society. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Consultation on the prevention of suicide in autistic people
- Autism accreditation for probation and adult prison services
- Lack of support for pupils with SEN
- A national autism strategy for children
- Rise in number of autistic people in mental health hospitals
- Changes to the Mental Health Act in England and Wales
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Nasen offering SEND Casework Award training
- FREE training for EY Managers in PVIs in SEND and SLCN
- Pioneering new approach to assessing pupils with complex disabilities to be introduced in schools
- New research leads the call to legally protect SENCOs’ time
- INVITATION TO TENDER (ITT) to Provide a Report Structure and Report for a Senior Leadership Exchange Placement Programme
- nasen launch insightful report on DME (Dual and Multiple Exceptionality)
- SEND Leadership: Every Leader a Leader of SEND – Pilot Scheme
- Stephen Chamberlain appointed to lead new Expert Reference Group on Leadership of SEND
- The Government have Announced an Extension of the Review of its Autism Strategy
- Final Report Released on Work Experience and Vocational/Technical Provision for Young People on SEN Support: A Rapid Evidence Assessment
- Accredited Early Years SENCO Award
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.