At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism, the professional arm of the National Autistic Society. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Autism-Europe Congress call for abstracts
- All healthcare staff to receive autism training
- Lower life expectancy for children with learning disabilities
- Self-advocacy within disability organisations
- Rising exclusion rates for pupils with SEND
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Government responds to Bercow: 10 Years On
- All secondary schools to receive free mental health resource for 11-14 year olds
- Contribute to research on the use of the SEND Review Guide in school-based sixth-form settings
- Opportunity to represent your setting on a ‘Maximising the SENCO’ working group to review different models of SENCo deployment
- Opportunity to represent your setting on an expert reference group to review SEND leadership and accountability
- Revisits to local areas with a Written Statement of Action (WSoA) for SEND
- Generation CAN
- Ofsted: Working Towards the Education Inspection Framework 2019
- Invitation to tender for the video production of condition specific introductory videos for new classroom teachers
- nasen secure funding to provide significant support on SEND to early years settings and local authorities
- Nasen are proud to be supporting the Above and Beyond Awards!
- Please Sign this Petition to Help Stop our Children’s Mental Health Crisis
- Exam accommodations for Autistic Students
- Accredited Early Years SENCO Award
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.