At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Calls for autism-specific schooling in Northern Ireland
- Autism in women and girls conference
- New book explores the experiences of autistic women
- Autism introduced within teacher training
- Autism and ageing in the United States
- Nominations open for Autism Professional Awards
- NHS staff in England to receive learning disability training
- Gender bias in autism diagnosis
- Easy read guide to registering to vote
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Damian Hinds responds to Dame Christine Lenehan’s report into residential special schools
- Useful guide for young people aged 16-25 on resolving SEND disagreements
- ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ is updated
- nasen response to NAHT ‘Empty Promises Report’
- Hereward College is recruiting to its governing board
- Inclusive Alliance SEND CONFERENCE Friday 19th October 2018
- The National SENCO Workload Survey
- Northern Ireland Advisory Group Vacancies
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.