At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Research suggests funding gap for disabled children
- Autism diagnosis “postcode lottery”
- Proposals to replace Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Government launches Inclusive Transport Strategy
- More autistic people now qualify for Blue Badge scheme
- Suicidality risk factors in autistic adults
- Supporting adopted children with additional needs
- Autism and learning disability an NHS priority in England
- Landmark verdict in a school exclusion case
- Autism stigma in some minority ethnic communities
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- 2016-17 exclusions data released
- Education Select Committee – AP and Exclusions
- Latest SEND Data
- nasen has formed a new partnership with Schools Week for the nasen Awards 2018
- Opportunities with Whole School SEND
- Invitation to Tender
- Landmark ruling finds equality regulations to be in breach of human rights
- Opportunity to participate in a free trial of the SEND Review for Whole School SEND and Achievement for All
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.