At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Study suggests autistic people at greater risk of being homeless
- Autism research grant to study health outcomes
- Tackling bullying could help reduce depression in autistic teens
- NHS standards to measure quality of care for autistic people
- Early autism interventions and neurodiversity
- Surf therapy for autistic young people
- Autism, ageing and masking
- Wristband aims to support autistic people
- National Autistic Society intervenes in school exclusions case
- Welsh report finds young disabled people are “hidden”
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- nasen and SeeAbility launch new mini-guide for SEND Professionals
- Off-rolling – Ofsted use data to investigate
- Online Forum Consultant
- Adoption UK launches its report, ‘Bridging the Gap’
- Damian Hinds speech has positive implications for SEND
- Nadhim Zahawi encourages SEND specialists across England to work together to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND
- nasen has partnered with the Tes SEN Show 2018 to help provide two days of dedicated, educational and engaging SEN focus
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.