At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Research suggests autistic people are among most lonely and isolated in UK
- New European project focusing on autism and employment
- New autism research podcast
- Sir Michael Rutter interviewed by Jack Welch
- Jack Tizard issue on autism and learning disabilities
- Benefits of social media for autistic people
- Autism screening tool may miss some women
- Warnings over lack of support for autistic people
- New resources to prevent exclusion of autistic pupils from school
- App to support autistic people with anxiety
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- nasen CEO Dr Adam Boddison will be speaking at SEND Conference
- £50 million worth of additional funding for SEND announced
- Your chance to represent schools on the NEW Whole School SEND Programme Board
- The Department for Education has published final pre-key stage standards
- nasen appoints National Director for Whole School SEND
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.