At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Analysis suggests disabled pupils more likely to be excluded
- Is autism more common in transgender young people?
- New #AutismTMI film released to raise public awareness
- Westminster Commission on Autism reports on harmful interventions
- Psychometric test ruled discriminatory to autistic candidate
- Being autistic and a police officer
- Autistica launch grant scheme for autistic researchers
- SEND cuts put ‘children at high risk of exclusion’
- Supporting neurodiverse female learners
- Families take legal action against SEND budget cuts
- Consequences of masking in autism
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- National trial of the ‘single route of redress’ for SEND tribunals
- NatWest introduces new tools to help young people and children with special educational needs learn about money
- The National Autistic Society free training module: ‘Women and Girls’
- SEND inquiry launched by the Education Committee
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.