At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- The double empathy problem in the workplace
- Better tools needed to diagnose depression in autistic adults
- Scottish programme improved accuracy and speed of autism diagnosis
- Autism-friendly performances of Harry Potter
- Draft Autism (Wales) Bill published
- Twitter Q&A with Lynn McCann: autism and education
- Greater Anglia to train staff in autism
- Government response to review of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and Mental Capacity
- Film hopes to change stereotypes around autism
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Damian Hinds announces new action to improve outcomes for children with additional needs
- The independent evaluation report into nasen’s EY SEND Resources is published
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.