At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Camouflaging may delay diagnosis for autistic girls
- Bilingual autistic people may have improved cognitive flexibility
- Edinburgh airport receives Autism Friendly Award
- Proposals to include autism in Blue Badge scheme
- Victory in Personal Independence Payment legal case
- Lack of support for autistic people in criminal justice system
- Glasgow Shopping Centre first to open quiet space for autistic people
- Lauri Love, the autistic man accused of hacking, wins US extradition appeal
- Calls for better autism support in France
- Caution suggested over new “autism blood test”
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- nasen’s response to consultation: Changes to the teaching of Sex & Relationship Education and PSHE
- Nadhim Zahawi is confirmed as being responsible for SEND
- nasen Members can claim complimentary places to The Special Education Needs event
- nasen launch new sponsorship with Nisai Group
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.