At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Lack of acceptance affects autistic people’s mental health
- Wales Autism Bill consultation ends 20th November
- Rise in home schooling in Wales
- Podcast about autistic people’s intense interests
- Schools can increase autistic pupils’ feelings of isolation
- Rise in home-education for children with SEN
- New education campaign ‘Held Back’ launched
- Catch up on the Commons debate on autism and mental health
- Plans to improve mental health support in school
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Increase in number of children being home educated
- A consultation on the use of restraint and restrictive intervention is launched by the DfE
- Adoption UK report reveals the extent of exclusions among adopted children
- £45 million package of support for SEND announced by government
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.