At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Chris Packham, Aspergers and Me
- Debunking myths about autism in schools
- Review of local area SEND inspections
- £3.3 million to help disabled young people find work in London
- Major study on autism and mental health launched
- More support for autistic children who show aggressive behaviour
- Professor Uta Frith on what teachers need to know about autism
- Learning from autistic perspectives
- Lenehan review into residential special schools
- Autistic teen creates game to help people understand autism
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Local Area SEND Inspections – One year on
- Submit your entry for the ERA Awards
- i asc research project
- SEC survey into the transfer process for Statements to EHC Plans
- Tribunal decision regarding young people aged 16-25
- New interactive resource out now
- Proportion of statements and EHCPs in special schools over time
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.