At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Using yoga with autistic pupils
- Designing schools for autistic pupils
- Celebrating the voice of SEN pupils
- Advice and support for new SENCO’s
- Portrayals of autistic people on screenTheatre group for autistic women
- Autism tests need adapting for African cultures
- Explaining death to autistic children
- Demands to reduce autism diagnosis waiting times
- Melatonin effective for autistic children with insomnia, study suggests
- Video explores experiences of an autistic girl
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Summary of the government’s consultation response to the primary assessment consultation
- The national funding formula for schools and high needs: a summary
- Lost in the middle
- Get involved with trialling new assessments
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.