At Axcis, we are thrilled to be associated with the National Autistic Society and nasen. Each month, we bring you the latest news highlights from our partners, so if you’d like to know what’s been happening with these great organisations and in the world of SEND, read on.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the latest autism news, compiled by our friends at Network Autism. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Impact of residential care on peoples’ rights
- Calls to improve support for disabled children and families
- NAS autism information survey
- Mentoring project for autistic adults launched in Scotland
- Progress report on the adult autism strategy in England
- Delays in autism diagnosis leading to self-harm
- Autism Professionals Awards 2018
- David Mitchell on what his son’s autism taught him
- Study explores SEND in secondary schools
- Autistic girls may have more difficulties with daily tasks
Below you’ll find a list of the latest SEND news from our friends at nasen. Each title is clickable and the link will take you to their website where you can find the full story.
- Whole School SEND project challenges schools to improve their TA Deployment
- Essential reading: a study into SEN in secondary schools is published
- Your last chance to comment on Bercow: Ten Years On
- 17% of secondary pupils with SEN are unhappy with their life
- SEND Reforms Survey
- 83.6% increase in the number of pupils with SLCN as the primary area of need
Are you seeking work with young people with SEND?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.