Is your school a nasen member? If the answer is no then take a look to find out what you’re missing out on here.
About the Axcis/nasen partnership
The National Association of Special Educational Needs (nasen) is the UK’s leading organisation supporting those who work with or care for children and young people with special and additional educational needs and disabilities. Nasen supports all staff including SENCOs, leaders, teachers, governors and teaching assistants in meeting the needs of the pupils in schools and other settings through promoting education, training and development.
Why join nasen?
Silver membership of nasen is only £160 a year for your school or organisation – that’s less than
many trainers charge for one CPD session! Once a school takes out this annual membership, EVERY member of staff in the school can get unlimited access to CPD training and resources. Compare that to a £99 individual member annual fee and it’s clear to see why that offers fantastic value for money. If that alone isn’t enough to convince you, read on to find out what else you get as part of your membership package.
As part of a silver membership, your school or organisation will get:
- nasen Connect, our new bi-monthly publication, featuring useful articles, expert advice, top tips and the latest product reviews
- Journal Access (Digital Only – Online and via the Apple App). Access to 3 professional journals, ‘British Journal of Special Education’, ‘Support for Learning’ and ‘Jorsen (Journal of Research in Special Educational Needs)’
- Focus on SEND training* A free online CPD for all education professionals who work with age ranges from early years to post 16
- Digital member only resources
- Pre-recorded webcasts from SEND professionals
- SEND Gateway* An online portal for resources relevant to SEND professionals, including training and events and teaching resources
- Monthly e-newsletters keeping you up to date and informed with the latest nasen news
- Discounts from a range of selected partners
- Discounted rates for ‘nasen Live’, our yearly, popular SEND Conference
Budgets tight? Worried about costs? Did you know that nasen membership can be funded through pupil premium to help with the costs? But how do you join up?
How to join up
Are you looking for SEND work?
If you’re not already registered with Axcis, but would like to seek a special needs teaching or support position, why not get in touch or register today and find out how we can assist you? We have offices nationwide and a team of expert consultants who have proven relationships with specialist and mainstream schools in your area.