At Axcis, we are always seeking new consultants for our growing business. Over the last few years, we have opened new offices across the country and we continue to expand so we are always on the lookout for new talent. As well as experienced recruiters, we look for people with knowledge of the education sector (hello teachers looking to leave the profession) or people from sales-related roles such as charity fundraisers, telephone or field sales backgrounds. Find out more here about what we look for in our staff as well as how to apply for your new role at Axcis!
What’s it like to be a recruitment consultant?
If you are considering a move from another profession, you may wander what the day to day life of a recruiter is like, and what it takes to be successful in this profession. If that’s the case, you may find this blog useful. However, if you’ve already done your research and know that recruitment is a good option for you, read on to find out more about what we look for at Axcis and why this could be a great career move for you.
What do we look for in our staff here at Axcis?
There are many attributes we look out for. The main ones are:
- A friendly, outgoing personality – we make no bones about it, recruitment involves being a sales person so you need to be confident talking to people both on the phone and in person and you need to be friendly and supportive at all times.
- Some knowledge or understanding of SEND – although Axcis provides excellent training and support, you’ll need to have some idea about special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) to work for us. This could come from personal experience with friends or family members or paid or charitable work experience, or of course from college or university education.
- Resilience and tenacity – recruiters face a lot of knock-backs and we need to stay positive and support one another in the face of this, so negative Nellies need not apply!
Why choose Axcis?
This is a great question. With hundreds of recruitment companies out there to choose from, why would you select Axcis if you want to become a consultant? This blog, about why we are the ethical agency is a good place to start. However, we also offer some fantastic benefits to our staff, such as:
- A supportive and friendly team with a positive attitude. Recruitment can sometimes be a bit of a cut-throat industry. At Axcis, we pride ourselves on moving away from this stereotype and encouraging our staff to support each other fully. We help each other out when someone is off sick and we share candidates in order to ensure that our staff, candidates and clients get the very best experience of working with us. We give each other business development tips and help pick each other up when things go wrong.
- A great commission structure. We know that many people get into the recruitment industry because they are financially motivated. To this end, we offer a generous commission structure. This is because we want to recruit and retain the best talent we can. Our success in achieving this is clear from the number of long-term staff members we have on our team
A fair work-life balance. Stress, burn-out and excessive hours are often associated with the recruitment profession. We combat this at Axcis by working shift patterns which mean that no member of staff has to burn the candle at both ends (well, not on our behalf anyway!) We also offer a decent annual leave package and encourage our staff to take their lunch breaks. We need our staff in peak condition, so feel this is an important factor in long-term retention.
These are just 3 reasons why Axcis is a great company to work for. We are sure you’ll find many more once you start working for us.
If this has piqued your interest in working for Axcis, why not send us your CV today, or take a look at our Internal Vacancies page to see if there is a role you’d like to apply for? Or if you’re not currently looking for a job but know someone else who might be, why not refer them to Axcis today? You could earn a £1000!