Are you a student or recent graduate considering teaching or support work? Find out here why Axcis could be the perfect place to find a job!
Who are Axcis?
We are a specialist recruitment company offering temporary and permanent assignments. We work with mainstream schools and alternative provisions to find staff who can teach and support children who have a range of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We sponsor the National Autistic Society and nasen, as well as other national SEND charities and organisations. We do this because we believe in the work they are doing and want to play a part in ensuring that children with SEND receive the very best educational experience possible – after all, don’t all children deserve the best start in life?
What sort of teaching and support jobs do Axcis offer?
We offer a range of teaching and support jobs, to include:
- Flexible part-time/term-time school support work
- SEND Teaching Roles
- NQT Jobs
- Mentoring Jobs
- Teaching Assistant Jobs
- Learning Support Assistant Jobs
- Occupational Therapy Jobs
- Speech and Language Therapy Jobs
- And many more!
What’s the catch?
There is no catch! Schools ask us to find them the best SEND staff possible because they either don’t have the time or resources to find their own staff. Our service is entirely FREE of charge for candidates and we have access to many vacancies which are not on the open job market. Registering with Axcis will gain you access to these jobs, as well as all the other fantastic things we offer.
What else do you offer?
We will help you to find work, but that’s not all. At Axcis, we will also offer you:
- Friendly support and advice to help you with your CV, job hunt, interview technique etc.
- FREE or discounted training and continued professional development opportunities, see our events diary
- FREE giveaways for fantastic SEND resources and shopping vouchers
- FREE SEND resources via our blog and social media pages to help you develop your professional practice
- Regular news and updates from the SEND sector to help you stay up to date with developments
- Candidate of the Term Awards – we think it’s important to recognise the hard work our staff put in, so run Candidate of the Term awards towards the end of each school term.
How do I get a job with Axcis?
It’s as easy as 1,2 3….
- Register online – this is an easy process that takes most people around 10 minutes to complete
- Meet your consultant – once registered online, your consultant will get in touch to discuss your own personal situation and work needs. We don’t like to waste your time, so will invite you in for a meeting only if we feel we can assist you with your search for work.
- Compliance checks – when you come in to meet your consultant, you’ll be asked to bring along some paperwork so that our vetting team can perform standard compliance checks. (References, DBS etc). Once these are clear, you can start working for Axcis – this could be as soon as the next day!
How do I know if working for Axcis is right for me?
At Axcis, we pride ourselves on being open and honest with our candidates. We don’t want to get a poor reputation by telling people we can find them work if it’s not true! So, if you are not sure whether we are the right company for you, the best solution is to give your local branch a call. Once you speak with one of our consultants, you should get a clear idea of how we can assist you based on your personal situation. See our Facebook reviews page for recent feedback on our service – we are thrilled to receive comments such as:
If you are in any way involved in SEN, either as a parent, teacher, carer, assistant or someone who wants to better understand their own condition, the information on the Axcis Education page is gold.
An excellent agency to work with compared to all the other agencies I signed up with .
I would highly recommend Axcis ! Thank you Martin K /London office / and the team for making my time working there both enjoyable and fulfilling. Thank you so much
Brilliant agency, so reliable and the consultants are so helpful and professional.
Stories from our staff
If you’re interested in learning more about the individual experiences our staff have had of working for Axcis, you can find some here:
- Working for Axcis London is “The perfect job for me”
- Working for Axcis Liverpool has “helped me to develop as a specialist SEND teaching practitioner”
- Working for Axcis Wales is “the perfect fit for me”
- Working for Axcis Midlands “is the best move I’ve made”.
- Working for Axcis Bristol “a highlight of my week”.