Overseas teachers – why should you consider working with us, or feel secure in your choice of agency if you already are?
Recruitment agencies in general often get tarred as being unethical, greedy & dishonest. At Axcis, we regularly hear horror stories from candidates and schools who have had a bad experience with an agency. This could be anything from low pay, misrepresenting a job, or generally lacking in support or care. So what makes Axcis any different to the rest? Why should you consider working with us, or feel secure in your choice of agency if you already are? Here are 8 reasons for choosing Axcis if you are an overseas teacher keen to work with an ethical agency:
- We work exclusively in Special Education so we know what we are talking about. Agencies that work with all types of schools are unable to provide the same level of knowledge & support in this area because they have to cover everything.
- Charitable partnerships. Axcis is a proud sponsor & partner of several charities including the National Autistic Society (NAS). This helps us to be fully engaged with the special needs & disabilities community & to work with experts to develop resources, ideas & training. Axcis has worked with NAS to build Network Autism, an online resource where teachers can share & access resources & ideas for teaching Autistic students.
- Heaps of training. It’s important for teachers to continue to have opportunities to develop, so Axcis has a regular calendar of specialist Special Education courses.
- Competitive rates of pay. Teachers do a highly rewarding, but often quite challenging job; they deserve to be paid well! Axcis teachers are paid at or above the national teachers’ pay scale as well as any extra allowances available for working in Special Education. This often means you will be paid more than a mainstream teacher.
- Honesty. The team at Axcis tries to provide as much information as possible about the school you are considering working in so that you can form a realistic impression of the support you are likely to have, the students you will be teaching & the area you will be working in. Likewise, we are upfront about any costs you are likely to incur & do not charge teachers anything for the services that Axcis provides.
- A dedicated overseas recruitment team. Axcis employs a small team to work exclusively with teachers who are relocating from overseas. That means that they have no affiliation with any particular school or area of the UK & won’t try to push you into taking a particular job; we want to find the job that is right for you.
Help with your relocation costs. Relocating to another country can be costly & Axcis wants to help. We will contribute up to £500 towards the cost of your flights to the UK to make the move less stressful. This will be reimbursed to you after you have worked for 20 days & provided a receipt & itinerary. Some conditions apply so be sure to talk to us about this for further details before booking your flights.
- Fully compliant with safeguarding requirements. Paperwork can seem like a bit of a pain but it’s really important that schools know they are getting a new staff member who has been fully referenced & police checked. We’re sure you’ll agree that keeping children safe should be our #1 priority!
If you are thinking about heading to the UK to teach & would like to find out more about Special Education teaching roles, get in touch with the Axcis overseas team by emailing email@example.com or give us a call toll free on one of these numbers:
Australia 1800 821 201 | Canada 1866 403 3407 | Ireland 1800 937 093 | New Zealand 0800 292 473
What do others say about working for Axcis?