With literally thousands of agencies to choose from, how do you know if Axcis is the right one for you? Find out more about us and how we can help you to find your next temporary or permanent role in special educational needs.
What sort of work does Axcis offer?
Axcis are one of the only specialist SEND recruiters in the UK, so you should register with us if you are seeking work and have training, skills, experience or an interest in working with special needs. This can be supporting students with additional needs in mainstream schools, or it could be working with more complex special needs in a special school setting. You don’t need to have extensive experience, as we can advise you on what part of the sector your skills and experience will fit into. We can offer short-term/flexible assignments which can be organised on a day by day basis, or we can help to secure you a more long-term contract. We also offer assistance with permanent roles at all levels, including leadership positions in schools.
What are the benefits of working for Axcis?
We care passionately about what we do. We are a medium sized company which has grown predominantly through good service and word of mouth (both candidate and client). We do our very best to ensure that the entire process of working for us runs smoothly and effectively for you. Some of the benefits of working for Axcis are:
Registration and work
- Straight-forward registration process which is completely free of charge
- Assistance with your personal administration, such as obtaining relevant tax forms, bank accounts or documents such as DBS Certificate where necessary
- A professional consultant who will be your personal point of contact throughout your time working for Axcis
- Access to vacancies through all other Axcis consultants who cover other geographical areas (you may not be aware that some agencies operate in such a way that this is not the case so you could miss out on potentially suitable positions)
- Competitive rates of pay
- A smooth payroll system which offers the flexibility of online or paper timesheets and allows you to submit them via fax, email or snail-mail. We aim to suit the preference of as many different contractors as possible
- A useful reminder service if your timesheet is due and we have not yet received it, and support chasing it up if necessary
One of the things which sets us apart from other agencies is the range of CPD courses we offer – including (but not limited to):
- L2 Safeguarding (online course)
- Autism Awareness, which is usually hosted by a well respected ambassador for the National Autistic Society (our key partner)
- Behaviour Management, which is usually run by the leader of a PRU or a similar setting
- Team Teach, which we are qualified to run and do so at a substantial discount for our candidates
- Induction, for those new to supply or to the UK education system and who need additional support
- Moving and Handling, which is new for summer 2015 and will support those working with physical disabilities
- Ask-an-expert Twitter chats, in association with Network Autism (part of the NAS)
Resources, Events and Additional Benefits
In addition to the above, when you work for Axcis, you will also have access to the following:
- Refer a friend system – earn yourself up to £100 in shopping vouchers when you introduce a friend to Axcis*
- Access to partner events – we have professional partnerships with a range of special needs charities and organisations and are often involved in conferences and events to which we may be able to offer free or discounted tickets
- Free monthly giveaway prize draws to win useful SEND teaching resources, books and activities
- News updates, resources and a host of useful content through our social media platforms
- Recognition of our staff through our “Candidate of the Term” awards and social events
What is the process of registering with Axcis?
Our registration process is very simple. In just 5 minutes, you can register on our website or you can complete a form if you are meeting us out and about at an event. After that, your assigned consultant will be in touch to discuss your needs and how we can assist you. If you feel we are the right company for you, you’ll be invited for a brief interview and document check prior to commencing work.
Where can I find out more?
Watch this space! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and keep an eye on this blog as we will be posting more information and news as it happens. We are also present on Google Plus, LinkedIn and YouTube so feel free to do your research, check us out and decide if we are the right company for you. If you think you are, we would love to hear from you.