Are you currently in a care job and would like a change of scenery? Have you considered working in a special educational needs or disability (SEND) setting? Read on to find out why this move could be a great one for you!
Do you have…
- Experience moving and handling patients?
- Experience supporting personal care?
- A caring, can-do attitude?
- Excellent punctuality and commitment to what you do?
- Good spoken and written English skills?
Do you want…
- To work regular school hours (usually around 8.30am – 4pm)?
- To be part of a small, friendly team who cares passionately about the children they work with?
- Potential to progress into more senior learning support roles or teacher training?
- School holidays off work to look after family or to travel/enjoy hobbies?
If the answer is yes…
Then it’s worth considering a career change from care to education. At Axcis, we can help you to do just that. We are the foremost supplier of SEND staff in England and Wales and have ties to the National Autistic Society, nasen and other reputable SEND charities/organisations. We passionately believe in what we do, and are always on the look out for staff with education or care experience to support the many schools we work with across the country (see our office locations here).
How do I get a job with Axcis?
It’s as easy as 1,2 3….
- Register online – this is an easy process that takes most people around 10 minutes to complete
- Meet your consultant – once registered online, your consultant will get in touch to discuss your own personal situation and work needs. We don’t like to waste your time, so will invite you in for a meeting only if we feel we can assist you with your search for work.
- Compliance checks – when you come in to meet your consultant, you’ll be asked to bring along some paperwork so that our vetting team can perform standard compliance checks. (References, DBS etc). Once these are clear, you can start working for Axcis – this could be as soon as the next day!
How do I know if working for Axcis is right for me?
At Axcis, we pride ourselves on being open and honest with our candidates. We don’t want to get a poor reputation by telling people we can find them work if it’s not true! So, if you are not sure whether we are the right company for you, the best solution is to give your local branch a call. Once you speak with one of our consultants, you should get a clear idea of how we can assist you based on your personal situation. See our Facebook reviews page for recent feedback on our service – we are thrilled to receive comments such as:
If you are in any way involved in SEN, either as a parent, teacher, carer, assistant or someone who wants to better understand their own condition, the information on the Axcis Education page is gold.
An excellent agency to work with compared to all the other agencies I signed up with. I would highly recommend Axcis ! Thank you Martin K /London office / and the team for making my time working there both enjoyable and fulfilling. Thank you so much
Brilliant agency, so reliable and the consultants are so helpful and professional.
Stories from our staff
If you’re interested in learning more about the individual experiences our staff have had of working for Axcis, you can find some here:
- Working for Axcis London is “The perfect job for me”
- Working for Axcis Liverpool has “helped me to develop as a specialist SEND teaching practitioner”
- Working for Axcis Wales is “the perfect fit for me”
- Working for Axcis Midlands “is the best move I’ve made”.
- Working for Axcis Bristol “a highlight of my week”.