Do you work with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)? Do you have a passion for writing? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Get published – send us your SEND blog today!
Send us your SEND blog
We want to hear from you if you work with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). Whether you’re a top level researcher, a teacher, therapist or member of school support staff, we feel that everyone working with SEND has something valuable to add.
What sort of articles do we want?
- Personal stories of your experiences working with SEND, in or out of the classroom
- Teaching and/or support strategies which are working well for you and you’d like to share with others
- Your research into SEND and what it is about
What tone are we after?
We want to hear YOUR voice, so there is no need to adapt your tone to fit our blog. Whether your story is happy, sad, uplifting or informational, we feel that everyone working with SEND has something they can add.
How long should submissions be?
Your blog submissions should be between 700 and 1000 words in length. To get published, they should stick to this guideline as closely as possible. If you have a longer piece on a personal blog/website, we are happy to link to that if our audience would like to read more.
How to submit your SEND blog
- Email your blog to me – Emily@axcis.co.uk
- Please include a short bio about yourself so I can introduce you on our blog
- Please also include a photo or two of yourself and/or your work (photos will be published on the Axcis blog, so please ensure you have permission to share them if they are not your personal images).
- If you would like me to link to your own personal blog or website/social pages, please include the links/page details
Is there any payment for published pieces?
We regret that we are unable to offer payment for blog submissions.
If you have any further questions about writing for the Axcis blog, feel free to contact me at any time. I will do by best to respond to all emails in a timely fashion.
Blog posts will be selected for publication based on their suitability and quality. Not all submitted posts will be published. Axcis reserves the right to publish chosen blogs on a date and time of our choosing. Blogs which are promotional in nature will not be considered (unless they are specifically related to SEND and the product or service being promoted is considered to be appropriate). No payment is available for blog submissions, unless agreed prior to submission directly with Axcis.