With teaching vacancies far out-stripping the supply of teachers in England and Wales, Axcis are heading to Canada this month to attend recruitment fairs and find teachers keen to secure work in England and Wales. The situation in Canada is such that they face the opposite problem – not enough jobs for their teachers, so finding work in England and Wales is the perfect solution. On the 21st and 23rd January, Nicola and Sara from Axcis Education will be exhibiting at the UNB and Mount Saint Vincent Careers Fairs. Find out why you should come and chat to them about how they can help you to find a teaching job in the UK.
Who are Axcis?
Axcis are the foremost suppliers of special needs staff to mainstream and specialist schools in the UK. We have offices nationwide and work with a range of candidates, from TAs and Teachers to Therapists and School Leaders. We believe “to do well, we must do good”. This philosophy is reflected in our stringent recruitment methods and strong school relationships as well as our charitable support and partnerships. We would love to speak to you if you are considering teaching children with special needs.
Why should Canadian teachers work for Axcis in England and Wales?
- There is a shortage of teaching jobs in Canada, but a shortage of teachers in England and Wales, so we can offer you work which you might otherwise find difficult to secure at home in Canada.
- Axcis can offer work experience in a range of schools – so you can try out different environments before deciding on your preferred area of the education sector
- We offer competitive rates of pay – as well as a guaranteed work scheme for those relocating to the UK, so you don’t have to worry about whether you’ll secure work – even if you don’t, we will pay you anyway!
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of special needs – become a more rounded education professional
- Excellent training and development opportunities, many of which are free of charge (and those we do charge for are at a highly discounted rate)
- Flexibility with level of commitment required – if you want to work part-time and travel, we can work with you, or we can secure full-time roles.
- Generous overseas trained teacher benefits package available to help you with your move. (Find out more on our blog or from our representatives at the fair)
What If I don’t have special education experience?
It doesn’t matter if you have limited knowledge or experience of delivering the curriculum to children with special needs. At Axcis, what we are looking for is the right attitude, personality and willingness to learn. Many special needs schools are more than happy to take teachers on who meet these criteria, and we offer plentiful support and training to help you along the way. So don’t worry if you’ve not done this sort of teaching before, it can be highly rewarding, fantastic from a professional development perspective and helps to make you a more rounded and employable teacher when you return home, not to mention the fact that many special needs jobs pay more competitively than mainstream teaching roles!
What do other Canadian teachers say about their experience with Axcis?
I joined Axcis because I was new to special needs teaching but they assured me that they could provide training and support. I attended an Autism Awareness seminar with them, which was really useful. I also did Team Teach, which was extremely valuable when I went to work in a pupil referral unit for Axcis and some of the children had physical outbursts at times! Although some of my time in the UK was challenging, I feel that I am a more balanced teacher and have some fantastic new skills to take home to Canada with me. Jon, Ontario
What if I’m interested but am not a student with the universities you are going to be at?
If you are a student, or graduate interested in working with Axcis, you can either email our overseas team your CV or questions, or you can register online – it takes just 5 minutes and one of our consultants will be in touch. You’ll have a no-pressure chat about what you are looking for and what skills you can offer, and if we feel we can help you, and you feel that we are the right company for you, we will ask you to come in and have a registration interview. From there you could be out working as quickly as the next day!