Minds@Work: thinking careers, thinking volunteering
Monday 9th November
Bucks New University
High Wycombe Campus, Alexandra Road.
Axcis are pleased to be exhibiting at this event being run by Bucks New University. The day is geared towards current Bucks University psychology students in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd years who are looking for opportunities for work, volunteering and long-term career options.
Who are Axcis?
Axcis are the foremost suppliers of special needs staff to mainstream and specialist schools in the UK. We have offices nationwide and work with a range of candidates, from TAs and Teachers to Therapists and School Leaders. We believe “to do well, we must do good”. This philosophy is reflected in our stringent recruitment methods and strong school relationships as well as our charitable support and partnerships. We would love to speak to you if you are considering work in the SEND sector.
Why should psychology students work for Axcis?
- Part-time teaching assistant and classroom support work available
- Term-time hours
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Competitive rates of pay – gain income to support your studies
- Flexibility with level of commitment required
- Excellent personal development for those considering careers with special needs or education
- Gain hands-on experience of a range of complex conditions in an educational context
- Develop invaluable transferable skills that would be useful in a range of psychology-related careers
Why should psychology graduates work for Axcis?
- Try a range of different schools/environments before you decide what direction your career should take
- Flexible, term-time work if you are considering travel or taking time out
- Excellent continual professional development training offered
- Become a more rounded psychology professional with a broader understanding of special needs
Axcis at the Bucks New University Job Fair
On the 9th November 2015, Gurpreet and Helena from Axcis London will be attending this event – it’s a fantastic opportunity to come and speak to us and find out more about what we can offer. So, don’t pass us by, stop for a chat about how we can help you to find part-time work to supplement your student loan, or employment options for when you graduate.
What if I’m interested but am not a psychology student with Bucks New University?
If you are a student, or graduate interested in working with Axcis, you can either call your local branch for a chat, or you can register online – it takes just 5 minutes and one of our consultants will be in touch. You’ll have a no-pressure chat about what you are looking for and what skills you can offer, and if we feel we can help you, and you feel that we are the right company for you, we will ask you to come in and have a registration interview. From there you could be out working as quickly as the next day!