NASS Annual Conference 2014
Royal Hotel York
10th & 11th October
Axcis is pleased to be sponsoring the National Association of Independent and Non-Maintained Special Schools (NASS) Annual Residential Conference for the third consecutive year in a row, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Key topics are set to include:
• SEN Reform Implementation & You
• LA and parents’ perspective on reforms
• Personal budgets in practice
• Ofsted Updates
• Restraint and the law
TES Special Educational Needs Show
London – Design Centre, Islington
October 10th & 11th
Axcis will be exhibiting at the annual TES Special Educational Needs Show at the Design Centre in Islington, London. Among those delivering seminars are two of our favourite people, Robyn Steward and Dr Rona Tutt. Robyn has undertaken hugely successful autism awareness training with our teachers and support staff. She and Rona will be taking part in brief filmed interviews with us and Robyn will also be signing copies of her book – The Independent Woman’s handbook for Super Safe Living on the Autistic Spectrum.
Axcis CPD for teachers and support staff in SEND
- Wed 15th Oct: SEND candidate training evening – Axcis Liverpool
- Thu 16th Oct: SEND candidate training evening – Axcis Bristol
- Thu 6th Nov: Autism Awareness candidate training – Axcis Birmingham
- Wed 20th Nov: Managing Challenging Behaviour candidate training – Axcis Birmingham
- Wed 20th Nov: Managing Challenging Behaviour candidate training – Axcis London
Axcis Birmingham office
Nov 6th 5.30-7.30pm
Steve McGuinness is a Councillor and a former Trustee with the NAS and runs MSITUA Autism Consultancy working with many local authorities. He has been working with Axcis for some time now, delivering sessions across the country on autism awareness, sensory integration difficulties and challenging behaviour.
This event is for Axcis candidates and clients and will be charged at £10/head to cover printing and refreshments. Each participant will receive a
handbook and a certificate of attendance. Call 0121 647 6386 for more information.
Open days for teachers and support staff to register with Axcis
We know it’s not always possible for candidates to get to their most local office so we organise open days and in November we will be in Slough, Kent, Chingford and Surrey.
If you would like to come along please refer to our Candidate Training page and call Gary in our London office. We’d love to meet teachers and
support staff looking to work in special education.
- Tues 21st Oct: Slough
- Tues 22nd Oct: Axcis at Birmingham University
- Tues 4th Nov: Axcis Open Day Kent
National Autistic Society Events
- Thur 9th Oct 2014: NAS Women and girls on the autism spectrum conference – Copthorne Tara Hotel, London
- Tues 14th Oct: NAS Understanding and supporting challenging behaviour in people with autism – Aston Villa Football Club, Birmingham
- Tues 4th Nov: NAS Pathological Demand Avoidance Conference – Mecure Holland House Hotel, Cardiff
- Tues 25th Nov: NAS Autism and communication, Hilton Hotel, Reading